Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Chapter Nine

I woke up on a bed with the covers thrown off the side. And then I realized I was in my apartment, and I was in my bed. I looked at myself and saw I had on the clothes from the previous night. I sat up but instantly had to sit down. I had a throbbing headache...well, more like a migraine. I felt like a truck just ran over my body, and I felt sick to my stomach. I rushed to the bathroom as quick as I could, hovering over the toilet. Ten minutes later, I felt I puked out as much as I could and brushed my teeth. I opened up the medicine cabinet and took 2 Tylenol. If I were smart, I would have brought Chasers with me, but I never thought I would go out to a night club and get smashed.

I ventured out into the kitchen to find no one there. I saw blankets folded up on the couch. I went to pick them up and saw a note on the coffee table.

Miranda,

I'm sorry I couldn't be there when you woke up. I had to leave for Boston today with the team. Hope you're feeling better. I had a great time last night-we should do it again. Maybe when I get back? Text or call me when you get the chance.

412-568-3131

Sidney

I held the note in my shaking hands, sitting on the couch in disbelief that I had his number. I was excited. Wait, who was I kidding? I was beyond excited. I've never felt this happy in my life! I couldn't contain my excitement anymore. I jumped on the couch, messing up the folded blankets, but I didn't care. I was on Cloud 9 right now. After I got all of my excitement out, I refolded the blankets and put them away in the closet. I showered and put on grey sweats and tall black Uggs. I brushed my hair and blow dried it, letting my natural curls form. Paula walked in the door as soon as I walked out of the bedroom.

"Can you take me to get my car?" I asked.

"Sure," she replied.

"Ok-let me get my purse." I grabbed it off of my night stand and walked out to find Paula reading the note Sidney wrote.

"Oh, okay. What were you doing last night?"

"Sleeping. I didn't even know he dropped me off. It's not like anything happened. I guess he slept on the couch and I was knocked out in my room."

"Mhmmmm. We'll see about that. Let's call him right now."

"WAIT! DON'T YOU DO IT!" I kept saying as she grabbed my cell phone off the coffee table and dialed the number in. She put the phone on speaker. For what, I didn't know. The ringing started, and I kept praying to God that he would never pick up and it would go to his voicemail, but after 3 rings, he picked up. This was not how I imagined my first phone call with him.

"Hello?" Sidney said.

"Hi! This is Paula." Would he even remember her? I thought. I hope not.

"Who's this?"

"Miranda's friend."

"Ahh, yes. The one that's with Max. You better watch out. He can get pretty wild sometimes." I could hear him and others laughing, assuming that he was somewhere with the team.

"Hey! You better watch it! That's not why I called. I wanted to know what you and Randi did last night."

"What the fuck, Paula!?" I screamed, so loud, that they probably heard it. I ran after her, but she got away. I would get her and make her pay for what she just said. She was laughing, but I didn't find this funny at all. We were both in the kitchen, standing by the refrigerator. I opened the door and took the first thing I saw, which was a full can of whipped cream. I instantly squirted her, chasing her around the house.

"We did nothing. She slept in the room and I slept on the couch. That is it."

"HA! Told you," I said. I squirted her some more, just to rub it in.

"Oh, whatever. Well, it's gonna happen eventually." I squirted her one more time, and got my phone in the process.

"I'll call you later, Sidney! Bye!" I said and hung up.

"Go get cleaned up," I told Paula. "You're taking me to get my car. Oh, and you owe me breakfast."

1 comment:

  1. HAHA!! Paula reminds me of my friends... Awesome chapter!

    ReplyDelete