Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Chapter Ten

Soooo sorry for the delay! I have been experiencing a major case of writer's block, and I had to redo the chapter a million times before it was good enough! :D Enjoy!

I was laying in my bed after what seemed to be the longest day of my life. The effects of the hangover were still lingering, but at least I was able to function. I had to give him a call, well, I felt like I had to.

I really didn't like what Paula did. It actually made me kind of mad, and she knows it. She apologized, so I forgave her. I scrolled through my contacts list and pressed the # 7 four times and landed on his name first. I pressed send, and it rang, more like twice.

"Hello?" a tired voice said.

"Sidney?" I said.

"Miranda? Wait, this isn't Paula, is it?"

I giggled a bit. "No, it's just me. I would have called sooner, but I wasn't really feeling great until like a couple of hours ago."

"Well, that's good. I was a bit worried-you crashed as soon as we got in the car."

"Yeah, about that. I am so sorry for letting myself slip that much. I thought I could handle all of the alcohol, but last night wasn't my night. I hope I didn't annoy you or embarrass myself."

"You wern't annoying at all! I've dealt with worse. And I don't think you embarrassed yourself. You just told some weird stories, and they were actually pretty funny."

"Oh, great. At least I entertained you."

"Yeah, and you didn't puke on me, either. So that was a plus."

There was an awkward silence for a moment until Sidney broke it.

"What are you doing this Tuesday?" he asked.

"Hmm...I am not doing anything on Tuesday. Why do you ask?"

"I was wondering if you would like to go out to dinner with me."

"Sure!" I said a little too excitedly.

"Ok, cool. So I'll pick you up at 7?"

"Sounds good. Oh, and where are we going?"

"I'm going to surprise you."

"Oh, come on! You can't tell me?"

"No, I can't."

"Fine. I see how it is."

"I'm glad you do. I'm sorry to cut you short, but I have to get my rest in for the game tomorrow."

"Oh, that's okay. I'm tired, too."

"I'll text you after the game."

"Cool. I'll be waiting."

"Alright. Sweet dreams, Randi."

"You, too, Sid."

"Yeah-he'll be having sweet dreams!" I heard Max say. "Shut up, creep! Go to bed!" I couldn't stop laughing.

"Ok, sorry about that. I'll talk to you tomorrow."

"Night, Sid."

"Good night, Randi."

Tuesday came quicker than I ever thought it would. I was excited before, but now, I was nervous...very nervous. I was standing in the bathroom giving myself one last check before I went out into the living room. Most of the people I told, which wasn't many, called it a date, but I didn't want to think of it as that.

"Do I look alright?" I asked Paula.

"Alright?! You look gorgeous! Sid is gonna love you." I stared at myself in the mirror for approximately the 50th time that night. I was wearing a cobalt-colored charmeuse ruched strapless dress from Bluefly with black satin Jimmy Choo jeweled slingback pumps. I didn't want to overdo it, but I really felt like I was. And the worst part? I didn't even know what kind of restaurant this was.

"But I feel like I'm over-doing it!"

"No you are not! You'll be fine!"

"Do you know where we're going?"

"Yes, but I'm not telling you. All I will say is it's somewhere fancy."

I trotted back into the bedroom and took out my other dress I bought from Bluefly. It was a black crinkled chiffon bubble dress that tied at the waist. I grabbed my black clutch and took one last look at myself in the mirror. I did look good, though. I let my hair fall in loose curls and I pinned my bangs back with a clip. My makeup was natural-looking, just the way I liked it. Then, I heard the knock. This was it-there was no turning back now.

2 comments:

  1. OOH! Date! YAY!! Can't wait! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh a date!
    Please update soon, I really want to see how it goes. =)

    ReplyDelete